Missouri Military Family Relief Fund
The Missouri Military Family Relief Fund (MMFRF) provides emergency financial assistance to qualified military members and their families. The fund is established to make Quality of Life and Medical Based Grants (QLMBG) during periods of financial hardship. This fund is available for members and families of the Missouri National Guard and to Missouri resident members and families of a Reserve Component who have been called to active duty as a result of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks for 30 consecutive days or more.
The fund is supported by
- Be a National Guard or a Reserve member that either lives in or drills for Missouri.
- Hold a rank from E-1 up to O-3 or W-2.
- Have not received a previous grant from this fund within the last 12 months
- Not have a situation that requires a monetary resolution in less than a week
- To finance leave or vacations
- Pay fines or legal expenses
- Help liquidate or consolidate debt
- Cover bad checks or pay credit card bills
Applicants can receive a grant up to $3000.00 based on the recommendation of a Review Panel consisting of a Command Sergeant Major from the Missouri National Guard, a Command Sergeant Major of a Reserve Component, and a representative of the Missouri Veterans Commission.