Chief Master Sgt. Laura L. Clark is the state command chief master sergeant for the Missouri National Guard at Joint Force Headquarters, Jefferson City, Missouri. As the Missouri Air National Guard's senior enlisted Airman, she is an advisor to the adjutant general and the 2,500 members of the Missouri Air National Guard on enlisted issues.
Command Chief Master Sgt. Laura L. Clark assumed duties as State Command Chief Master Sergeant on April 1, 2012. She was born in Coral Gables, Fla., and enlisted in Air Force in 1988.
She completed basic training at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, and technical training at the Security Police Academy. Her first assignment was with the 56th Security Police Squadron, 56th Fighter Wing, MacDill Air Force Base, Florida, where she was named Airman of the Quarter and Year in 1990, and Tactical Air Command (TAC) Law Enforcement Specialist of the Year in 1990.
In 1992, she was chosen for a special duty assignment and became an instructor at the Security Police Academy, 343rd Technical Training Squadron at Lackland Air Force Base. There, she was responsible for the supervision and academic classroom instruction for over 4,000 United States Air Force, Marine Corps, and Navy enlisted members annually for Security and Law Enforcement joint training courses. She earned the level of Master Training Instructor and was awarded Noncommissioned Officer of the Year in 1994.
Since joining the Missouri National Guard in 1997, Command Chief Master Sgt. Clark's assignments have included serving as a Flight Sergeant and First Sergeant for the 131st Security Forces Squadron; and then as Security Forces Manager, where she managed all programs for 74 military and 18 state operations and maintenance officers. In 2007, she was promoted to SMSgt via the Exceptional Promotion Program (EPP) and in 2008 was selected as the First Sergeant of the Year for the state of Missouri. She has participated in Operations DESERT SHIELD, DESERT STORM, SOUTHERN WATCH, ENDURING FREEDOM and NOBLE EAGLE.
1992: U.S. Air Force Technical Training Instructor Course
1993: U.S. Air Force Airman Leadership School In-Residence
1993: A.A.S. in Information Systems and Police Science, Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)
1996: Air Education and Training Command Traffic Accident Investigation Course
1996: BS in Education, Wayland Baptist University
2001: United States Air Force Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2003: United States Air Force First Sergeant Academy
2004: United States Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officers Academy
2005: Air National Guard Contemporary Base Issues Course
2012: Air National Guard Chiefs Executive Course (CEC)
2012: Air National Guard Command Chief Orientation Course
2012: Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century (AFSO-21)
2013: Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course (SEJPME)
1. Dec 1988 - February 1989, recruit trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. February 1989 - May 1989, student, U.S. Air Force Security Police Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. May 1989 - July 1989, student, US Army Air Base Ground Defense (ABGD), Fort Dix, NJ
4. July 1989 - September 1992, Security Police Investigator and Law Enforcement Specialist, 56th Security Police Squadron, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla.
5. September 1992 - September 1995, Security Police Academy Technical Trainer and Curriculum Developer, Lackland AFB, Texas.
6. September 1995 - September 1997, Security Police Academy assistant NCOIC of resources and training, Lackland AFB, Texas.
7. September 1997-December 2000, NCOIC of training and resources, 131st Security Police Squadron, Lambert St. Louis ANG
8. December 2000 - March 2002, Security Forces flight sergeant, 131st Security Forces Squadron, Lambert St. Louis ANG
9. March 2002 -July 2002, Security Forces assistant flight sergeant and controller, 363rd Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron, Prince Sultan Air Base, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
10. July 2002 - March 2003, Security Forces flight sergeant, 131st Security Forces Squadron, Lambert St. Louis ANG
11. March 2003 - March 2009, first sergeant, 131st Security Forces Squadron, Lambert St. Louis ANG
12. March 2009 - March 2012, Security forces manager, 131st Security Forces Squadron, Whiteman AFB
13. April 2012 - Present, State Command Chief Master Sergeant, Missouri National Guard, Joint Force Headquarters, Jefferson City, Mo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two Oak Leaf Clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor Device, three Oak Leaf Clusters
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with two Oak Leaf Clusters
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with three Oak Leaf Clusters
National Defense Service Medal with one Oak Leaf Cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Short
Air Force Longevity Service with two Oak Leaf Clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with one Oak Leaf Cluster
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
ANG Enlisted Field Advisory Council (EFAC)
Enlisted Association of the National Guard of the United States, EANGUS
National Guard Association of the United States (NGAUS) - Auxiliary member
Missouri National Guard Association, MONGA
Air Force Association (AFA)
Air Force Sergeants Association (AFSA)